Saturday, August 15, 2015

Heading Back to the Middle East...

I know I promised to talk about all of the changes that have occurred over the last couple of years-- the "blank" time from the last post on my old blog until now-- but, for whatever reason, I'm just not ready to do so.

As I wright this, my Husband and I are sitting in the lounge of the airline on which we are flying back home to the Middle East. We spent a lovely summer traveling from various conferences and other places where "A" could collaborate on work in Europe-- Austria, Greece, and France-- and then in the United States. Even I just got back yesterday afternoon from a quick, 3 day-trip to Salt Lake city!

I was blessed to spend time with a friend of mine who comes from a Mormon fundamentalist background and who discovered her God-given talent, later in life, to paint. She has since painted nearly 1,500 portraits-- free of charge-- for American soldiers who have fallen in combat. She has finished an audio book about her life, which will soon be averrable on CD and on Amazon, iTunes, etc. I enjoyed spending time with her on her ranch, 2 hours south of Salt Lake City, and getting to see her on a local TV station, taking about her work. I am always so grateful for the gifts and talents of my friends. :-)

How awesome it will be to return home! It has been 7 long weeks without our precious rescue cats, Pepper and Will (actually "Wilhelmina"). I am glad we first bought a "Nanny Cam" for them and have been able to log into our phones and see them-- and talk with them-- anytime during the day or night.

As for the changes I alluded to, some are big and some are small. But, all in all, we are back-- better than ever.

I cannot wait to share the details... Or to explain new my new moniker. :-)

God bless,

The Disciplined Housewife (AKA "Traditional Wife")


No comments:

Post a Comment